Monday, May 22, 2006

Why I like Rush Limbaugh

I don't get to listen to Rush as much as I'd like, but I do enjoy listening to his radio program. One of the things I like best about him is that he is the eternal Optimist! He never lets himself be dragged down by life's circumstances. Thoreau wrote that "the mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." I've always thought that was a pretty sad assessment of the human condition. Rush proves that it is possible to break out of that cycle of desperation, even the face of political reversals and the madness of the culture wars.
Thanks Rush.

2 comments:

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

I rarely listen to Rush but I am glad for his stance on the things I've heard about---wish there were more voices doing the same.

drewey fern said...

Rush Limbaugh was a life saver when I was going through an incredibly liberal American History course in high school. A word fitly spoken, indeed.

I thank you too, Rush!