Monday, May 08, 2006

A Feast Report

I had such a wonderful time at Fairwood this past weekend! Daniel and I travelled north to celebrate the Feast of Pentecost and we had a great time. There was a little worry at first when the airline misplaced Daniel's suitcase, but they were kind enough to deliver it to the Main House at 10:30pm that night.
The Lodge was quiet and restful, the weather beautiful, and the fellowship delightful! The meetings were rich with various nuggets mined from Galatians 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness, self-control; against such there is no law." I came away with a fresh insight into the ministry of the Holy Spirit -- we need Him because none of the fine character traits listed above come naturally to mankind (not to me, anyway). It is the Holy Spirit's fruit that bears these good results in us, if we let Him.
I was especially encouraged by the bright countenances of the Bible School students. I'm sorry I won't be able to return next weekend for the Graduation exercises, but my thoughts and prayers are with them as they venture forth into the next phase of life's adventure.

2 comments:

Booker said...

It was a rich time indeed...

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Glad it was good to be there... ...I'm sorry not to be at the graduation too!