Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Here is a little poem that is pinned to the bulletin board above my desk. Perhaps you've seen it before, but it's one of my favorites (even though it doesn't exactly rhyme).

VICTORY

When your good is evil spoken of,
when your wishes are crossed,
your taste offended, your advice disregarded,
your opinions ridiculed,
and you take it all in patient, loving silence
– that is victory.

When you never care to refer
to yourself in conversation
or to record your own good works,
or itch after commendation,
when you can truly "love to be unknown"
– that is victory.

When you are content with any
food, any raiment,
any climate, any society, any solitude,
and any interruption
– that is victory.

When you can bear with any disorder,
any irregularity, any unpunctuality,
any annoyance
– that is victory.

Author Unknown

3 comments:

Zionita said...

G-ZUS LOVES VICTORY!!

REMEMBER G-ZUS LOVES YOU

For groovy music, check out: Musica Obscura

Lidarose said...

Hi, my brother! Welcome to the blogosphere! I like your blog and your keyboard and the poem...
I'd write more but I really ought to be in bed already.

lis said...

How can I resist commenting with a label like "brilliant comment"?

I'm very happy to welcome you to blogland, and I loved the poem. Thanks!